Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dying Easter Eggs


I can not believe that Easter is here! Seems just like yesterday that we were celebrating Jesus' birth! The older you get, the faster time flies.  We have had a busy and fun filled week. We dyed Easter eggs Tuesday night because I was afraid that with all of our activities that we would not have time.
Here are a few pics.
I decided to try the Kool-Aid dye this year and oh boy did it smell good!!



After we dyed the eggs, I pulled out these fabulous color swabs.
 I thought these would be so much fun!
She is drawing a smiley face and loving them.


See my smiley face! She was so proud of  it and so was I!

She decided to turn the swab around and dip it into the dye............Well our hand turned blue. I dipped her hand in alcohol trying to get it off but no luck. The next morning I had to get my hair cut and thought I would try a baby wipe before we left and it worked like magic!!

Tonight we had a some time to dye a few more. We did the Kool-Aid again and it works fabulous!

The longer you leave them, the darker they get....................

and prettier!

Look at those curls after she has her hair washed! Miss Curly Cue but in the morning just a flip on the end.



I do believe that we will be doing Kool-Aid eggs from now on! We had tons of fun dying eggs. I can't believe next year she will be 4.  Every year she has so much more excitment and although I am not rushing her growing, I know we will have tons of fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...