Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Sophie Clare

November 29. 2008


We got to the hospital on the 28th around 11:30 pm and like I mentioned I was already dilated to an 8. Finally everyone got a move on. They hooked me up and Sophie Clare was doing great, she was just ready to make her debut. I was a little concerned that I was not going get my epidural, they were going to have to try and get it in between contractions. I was so scared that I would not be able to be still, but they GOT IT!! YAY!! I began to feel better imeditaly. Now, it was just time to wait. We called my brother and sis-n-law over and over.......we did not get them till morning. They had turned there ringer off. My Aunt Janine and Natalie headed on down. They got there in plenty of time. I think that this was the quitest I have ever been. I just could not believe that my baby girl was coming. They let my water break on it's on, they said if they had to do it, I would have a harder time. Well, it broke, it was time for Sophie Clare to come into the world. .........................................................She weighed 4lbs 13oz and 17in long. She was so little and had a sweet pointy head. She was heathly as could be except for she did a little grunting noise that was sweet but she was not supposed to do it. If she continued, they would have to take her to the NICU and watch her. If you remember me saying, we left with nothing. Jamie had to go home and get what we needed. Bless his heart, I know he was give out.









My mom got to hold her a lot that day, I was just so weak. When Jamie got back Sophie Clare was already at the NICU. I was so sad. I just wanted my sweet baby by my side. I had said before I had her, I WOULD NEVER PUT HER DOWN. Needless to say I have not.


Here she is in the NICU, it is so sad that she came out of a snuggle belly to have to lay all by herself. She stopped her grunting that night!! That was a good thing. They had to give her antibotics for caution and that meant she would have to stay for at least 3 days.

Then she became jaundice........I hate that!!! I thought her levels would NEVER GO DOWN!! Everyday, we would go in just praying that she would be out from under that light.



When I took this picture, I thought it was the sweetest ever and she was sweet but she just has a sad look on her face! She wanted to be home with her mommy and daddy!!



I lived for feeding times, it was our bonding time!



Oh the billy blanket....finnally, we were getting close to the level they wanted her at!!



Our first night with her, I was so excited!! I could not wait to put her in the bed!! She was still hooked up on the heart moniter but at least she was with us. We did not get much sleep that night, she woke up about every 2 hours.


I did not stay in Birmingham while she was in the NICU, but we drove down every day. My mom, Jamie and Angie all went with me. I remember one day, Jamie and I went to get some lunch and head home.......I cried all through lunch, I did not want to leave my baby girl so we ended up staying and going to the next visit.

There is NO turning back now, we are headed home after about a 10 day stay at the NICU!

1 month



2 months

3 months


4 months

5 months

6 months

7months


8 months


9 months

10 months

11 months

12 months

I would love to type a ton more but my sweet baby girl is sick on her birthday. I am going to take this week to look back on the 1st year of Sophie Clare's little life. We are so blessed to have a beautiful and healthy baby girl.
I hope you have had a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Maggie, I enjoyed reading this! It is hard to believe she is already 1! I remember just last year logging onto Myspace and seeing your photos you had posted and being shocked you had her so unexpectedly! Congrats on such a healthy beautiful one year old baby girl!

Angie said...

Maggie, it's so good to look back. I love that little girl and I love you and Jamie. I'm so glad your dream came true!!! Happy Birthday to Sophie Clare!!!!

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!! Wishing you Many MANY more years of health and happiness : )

Anna said...

Happy Birthday!! Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...