Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The First Day Of School

Let me start by saying it went better than expected!

As soon as I got up this morning Sophie Clare was not to far behind me.  I had my towel in hand and she asked where we were going. She knew I was about to wash my hair. I told her she knew where we were going. SCHOOL!  She said, I am going to carry my backpack.  We got ready and she was tired. You could just tell in her little eyes. She does not eat breakfast so I wanted her to drink as much milk as she would.  We took our honey bun on the road with us and all the way there I tried hard to get her to eat it. She just would not. 

When we got there, she informed me that she would hold my hand. She kept asking me what Mrs. Tricia and Ms. Lori would say?? I told her they would be excited to see her and say Good Morning Sophie Clare.  I also had been telling her that I was going to let her stay with them while I went to Wal-Mart.

You could tell she was nervous and so was I. She sat down and started playing with a puzzle. I asked her if she minded me going on to Wal-Mart and she said no. As soon as I hit the door the tears started.  Thankfully a friend was in the hall and we talked for a bit.  On the ride home, the car was so quiet. I missed the chatter of my sweet baby girl.  I had so many supportive friends calling and texting to make sure I was ok. That meant the world to me and helped soooo much! 

About 10 till 10 Patricia sent me a text to let me know that Sophie Clare was doing good.  As I was at home putting up my grocerys, Patricia called and said she was very upset and that I needed to come and get her. The school is only about 10 min away but it felt like an hour.

I got there and Patricia was holding her. She cried when she saw me...........bless her sweet heart. She finally calm down. Later that afternoon, she said she had fun and wanted to go back. We are going to go back but not stay quite as long.

Enjoy the pics I took this morning!







I love that her baby is in her backpack!

She did not want to color at school so when she got out of her bath we colored it!

Pray that Thursday is better than today although I feel blessed how well it went today!

2 comments:

Sarah Robbins said...

So I was totally tearing up as I read this because I know how much we both love our baby girls! Debby's not ever going to go to school! You did so great. Hang in there; it will get better.

Sarah Robbins said...

So I was totally tearing up as I read this because I know how much we both love our baby girls! Debby's not ever going to go to school! You did so great. Hang in there; it will get better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...