Thursday, July 31, 2014

Getting Ready For School

Seems like starting school and getting ready for school has been at the top of the convo for a while now. I thought back in April when we registered, it was so far away. 

Now here we are...............
1 week from today 
MY BABY STARTS KINDEGARTEN!!!! 

 I get a lump in my throat and tears come to my eyes! I know that she is ready, I mean we both are. It is just going to take some getting used to.  She is my side kick!! She goes and does everything with me. It is really hard to write this with no tears so I am going to make it short, sweet and about us getting ready. No need in my going on and on about the change that is going to take place. 

 I will say this .............people are always asking me what are you going to do when SC starts school?? Well for starters, I am going to paint my kitchen. I am going to clean out cabinets and try to get more organized. I hope to help Jamie sell the house in Centre.  I was going to the gym while Sophie Clare was in Pre-K and really enjoyed it, so I hope to start that back as well. 

Back in April we went to register for Kindergarten. Sophie Clare picked out her outfit that day and it was so  rainy and messy, we really needed our rainboots that day.  We went about the same time out our sweet friend Luke. 

While I filled out paper work, Sophie Clare worked on the computer! 
All the teachers were super sweet! 

Her sweet fake smile!! 



Then just a couple of weeks ago, it was time for the dreaded shots. 
She was a trooper!! We watched Daniels Tiger the night before and he was getting shots for school. 

 

It talked about thinking of your happy place while getting his shots. 
 She decided that she would think about Luke and the beach. Her only other thing was that she did not want band -aids. I can't blame her, I do not love them either. She cried but was such a big girl. She told me when it was over that she could not think happy thoughts because it hurt. ;-( 
Glad that part is over!! 



After we left, we went to Wal-Mart to get a prize, which was leggos. Then when we came out, there was an even better surprise. We ran into Aunt Annie, Emmy and Gracie. We ended up doing lunch and having such a good time. Lots and lots of laughter! 


Then is was off to play with Legos! 





We recieved our school supply list online a couple of weeks ago. Sophie Clare could not wait, she was so excited!! That made me happy, so off to Wal-Mart we went. 


It is one week away and the only the we have to pick up is our backpack, lunch box and nap mat and we will be ready to go!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...